Terms & Conditions
Please take the time to read these terms and conditions of hire carefully, as signing our rental agreement means you are accepting all the conditions set out within it, which are legally binding, and governed by the laws of the country in which it is signed, and any dispute may be settled in the law courts of that country. If you have any concerns, or are in any doubt whatsoever about any of the following points, then please contact a Jumbocruiser Ltd representative BEFORE signing. This agreement is between the Operator (Jumbocruiser Ltd) and the Hirer (You).
Bookings and Reservations:
1.All telephone and email reservations will only be held open for up to 7 days. If we have not received a holding deposit within 7 days of your booking confirmation, then your requested dates will be freed up again for general availability although we reserve the right to hold you to the contract if no alternative hirer is found. To make a reservation, we will require a variable deposit (up to 25%) and the remaining balance to be paid in full at any given time up to 60days before the hire period is due to commence. We will not accept a cheque as payment when there are less than 14 days remaining before the hire period is about to start. We accept payment by way of bank transfer, cash or cheque.
2. We have the right to refuse to hand over a motorhome to any person(s) who, in our reasonable opinion is not suitable or in a fit state to take charge of it. In any such case, this will result in the cancellation of the hire period, and we will not be held responsible for this under any circumstances, and nor are we liable to refund the hire fee.
3. In the event of any form of accident, that results in damage, our insurance policy excess is £1000, and the hirer accepts full liability to pay the full excess amount (less their damage retention deposit) for damage caused to the hire vehicle itself, or any third party owned vehicle or property throughout the hirers hire period (please note, that you the hirer, are responsible for any vehicle damage throughout the entire hire period, even if you are away from the vehicle at the time of any damage caused). Our insurance covers the vehicle, our belongings and equipment only. Your possessions are not covered, and hirers are advised to take out their own personal holiday insurance.
Damage Security Deposit:
4. Upon the balance of your rental period being paid, a fully refundable damage security deposit of £350 is required too (we reserve the right to ask for a larger deposit if the vehicle is attending a music festival for example). The security deposit is held by the company, against any additional damage, breakages, broken/missing items, costs incurred or insurance claims. The security deposit, (less any deductions) will be returned to you up to a maximum of 72 hours after the vehicles return, which allows us sufficient time to fully inspect the vehicle. Under no circumstances will we return the deposit without doing our usual thorough inspection.
Suitable Locations for Delivery of the Vehicle:
5. The point of delivery is entirely down to the discretion of the company's driver, and the vehicle will only be dropped off at what we deem a "suitable location". It is the hirers responsibility to ensure that the agreed place of delivery (whether it is at your home, place of work or event location) is suitable to receive such a large, heavy vehicle. Upon delivery, if our driver believes the agreed drop off place to be unsuitable in any way whatsoever, and an alternative location cannot be found (resulting in the cancellation of the hire), we will not be held responsible for this under any circumstances, and nor are we liable to refund the hire fee. We use the term "suitable location" in reference to the following delivery locations:
- The vehicle must be easily manoeuvrable upon delivery.
- The surface on which the vehicle is to be parked (event location)
is suitable and sound.
- The delivery location does not cause any damage to the vehicle.
- The delivery location does not obstruct anyone or other road users.
- Our driver can safely unhook the tow car, and give a vehicle demonstration.
6. Delivery of the vehicle on your agreed date is noon, and your hire period ends at noon on the final date of the agreed hire period. We are flexible in terms of you wanting the vehicle an hour or so before midday, but if the vehicle is required at 7am for example, then the vehicle would need to be booked from 12pm the previous day. Please note that a vehicle hand-over and demonstration can take up to an hour, so please make allowances for this. We will not hand over a vehicle until a full demonstration has been given. The vehicle must be vacated by 12pm on the final date of the agreed hire period, and we reserve the right to charge £25 for every hour that the vehicle is still inhabited. Notwithstanding paragraph 5 above, if it is found that a tow truck is needed to recover the vehice from the parked location, or that damage is suffered as a direct result of the location being parked (other than by Jumbocruiser employee negligence), Jumbocruiser Ltd. reserves the right to recover the costs from the hirer.